- Effortless measurement of 6 clinical parameters in 10 seconds
- Anterior segment observation with Scheimpflug imaging and double mire ring keratometry
- Optional built-in ultrasound biometer
- IOL power calculation and IOL constants optimization
- Additional features with AL-Scan Viewer for NAVIS-EX
Effortless measurement of 6 clinical parameters in 10 seconds
In 10 seconds, six values for cataract surgery are measured:
- Axial length
- Corneal curvature radius
- Anterior chamber depth
- Central corneal thickness
- White-to-white distance
- Pupil size
3-D auto tracking and auto shot
The 3-D auto tracking follows eye movements along the X-Y-Z directions to ensure accurate alignment of the eye. Once correct alignment is completed, the auto shot immediately captures the image and data.
Anterior segment observation with Scheimpflug imaging and double mire ring keratometry
The AL-Scan provides sectional lens image, pupil image, and reflected image of double mire rings projected onto the cornea.
Sectional lens image (Scheimpflug image)
Reflected image of double mire rings
Optional built-in ultrasound biometer
In cases where the optical biometer cannot measure an eye with an extremely dense cataract, the AL-Scan provides an optional built-in ultrasound biometer, allowing measurement of virtually any cataractous eye with a combined model. The AL-Scan requires no connection with an external ultrasound unit.
IOL power calculation and IOL constants optimization
The IOL power is automatically calculated after measurement. Calculation of a personalized IOL constant improves postoperative accuracy.
- IOL power calculation formula on AL-Scan SRK, SRK II, SRK/T, Binkhorst, Hoffer Q, Holladay 1, Haigis, Camellin-Calossi, Shammas-PL
- Additional Barrett formulas available for the NAVIS-EX AL-Scan Viewer Barrett Universal II, Barrett True-K, Barrett Toric Calculator
Additional features with AL-Scan Viewer for NAVIS-EX* (optional)
AL-Scan Viewer is software used for viewing and working with AL-Scan data via NAVIS-EX. This function enhances the capability of the AL-Scan with additional features and increases the efficiency of any clinic.
- NAVIS-EX is optional software and is required for use of the AL-Scan Viewer.
Data management and IOL power calculations
The large storage capacity of the NAVIS-EX database is available for review on the AL-Scan Viewer. The basic functions of the AL-Scan can also be performed with the AL-Scan Viewer including IOL power calculations and optimization of IOL constants.
Toric lens assist function
Acquisition of multiple toric lens assist images allows selection of the optimal image for digitally marking the astigmatic axis. These images allow better surgical planning for accurate toric IOL alignment.
Recalculation of measured values
The AL-Scan Viewer allows recalculation of modified axial length, white-to-white, and pupil size data for accurate calculations.